יום ראשון, 25 באוקטובר 2009

A Tool I Met

This time the post is somewhat different. One of these days, I got an invitation to review a product in my blog. I agreed. Never done it before, so why not?
The tool is called SnapIt. Actually, very simple straightforward tool. It enhances the built in functionality every PC and laptop has: the Print Screen button (PrtSc), which captures the entire screen into the clipboard.
SnapIt allows you to define the area to be captured, and also allows you to define a format in which the captured images will automatically be saved.
It is more like a gadget, rather than an application. It is beneficial for professions like technical writers, and people who are dealing with user manual writing, or marketing materials composition. Easy to use little helper.
Still, in my mind, there could be more into capturing. How about multiple captures being kept in the clipboard? How about multiple file types that can be saved simultaneously?
The bottom line: nice simple to use tool for certain professions. I would expect for more. Perhaps next version?

4 תגובות:

  1. Vista comes with Snipping Tool that makes the work perfectly. What is the added value of another application ?

    השבמחק
  2. What I'm looking for the most and the simple prt sc doesn't feature is print screening multiple windows with a single click and saving each one as a single file. any idea if this tool can do it?

    השבמחק
  3. Thanks for the comments.
    Many (most) people do not use Vista. Therefore, there is a use for it. Actually, a collegue of mine use it of her free will, so I found this morning.
    As for the multiple selections: This is exactly what I am missing. I wrote "How about multiple captures being kept in the clipboard?". In my mind such a feature would make this into a really nice gadget.

    השבמחק
  4. I'm into OneNote
    The more I use it, the more I find features with added value

    Just today I used it to capture PDFs and convert to text

    And office / outlook integration....

    השבמחק